Wednesday 13 July 2011

ME IM A CREATOR

ANODIZING

So to make my beautiful cartoon like colourful happy pieces.... I actually have to     
RISK MY LIFE  with acids and electricity





Well I don't exactly risk my life per say, but its not as happy go lucky as it seems IS IT?!!

Acid and electric currents are serious stuff, (take note of the amount of cautious protective clothing I wear in the pics!) The emergency eye wash station never got used so much as it did this year id imagine!!



Prepping the Aluminium


So I have a lot of boring work to do before I get to actually anodize my work, boring as it is they are steps I take to prepare for the perfect finish on my work and are super secret trade secrets... and Im not telling !















After this the aluminium has to be connected to a rod and suspended in a caustic soda etch, cleaned and then into a Nitric Acid dip, and then finally into the diluted Sulphuric Acid, and connected to the electric current .. via the rod! 




I used 14 volts for an hour or so, and then straight into the dyes and then sealed with steam !!








And this is what I do BOOM!!









No comments:

Post a Comment