Thursday 7 July 2011

From the Start

I can never pin point exactly when or how I come up with an idea, even when I'm sleeping ideas are always ticking over.  My doodles are a great starting point, I explore combinations of patterns and colour...

I have pages and pages of these types of drawings, They're not intended for anything other than to let my mind wander and see what happens! 

From here I took elements that I found attractive and scribbled down some initial designs. 

LOL are my drawings not just charming.... I can actually draw well, but I find drawing like a child to be far more appealing !!! 

IN FACT.....


I should probably have mentioned the hours of studying that I did on the actual Tara Brooch! 
Its such a detailed piece of work I could probably spend years studying it and still not know everything!

So after my child like creativeness I need to translate what I come up with in very grown up way (BOO) to rhino CAD drawings. I do this as I have my pieces water jet cut out. 




Cant find any CAD drawings... But heres what they look like once they have been water jet cut! Much cleaner that my initial drawing but still fun!! 


And thus ends this initial design stage for my work

KABLAMO


1 comment: